The church of Agios Andronicus in Polis is a single-nave, barrel-vaulted church of small dimensions. It can be dated with relative certainty in the 16th century after adorned with very important frescoes belonging to the period of Venetian rule (1489-1570).
The church of Saint Andronicus was converted into a mosque during the Turkish occupation, when added to the northern side a room intended for the needs of Muslims. In 1963 and abandoned after 1974 it began a long and arduous task of revealing frescoes of the church, which were covered by subsequent coatings. The frescoes unearthed belong to the 16th century.
The surrounding area is configured in a park and it is a place for people who are seeking tranquility and relaxation.